Discover the photographic highlights of Meteora’s rocks, accompanied by a professional photographer in this Athens to Meteora by train Photo Tour. Learn the tips and techniques of landscape photography on this guided, private tour. You and up to 4 friends or family members, using your own cameras, will learn practical tips from a professional photographer guide, capturing the details that many amateurs miss. See the famous sunset at Meteora from an entirely new perspective and get creative pictures from the monasteries.
This daily Photography Tour starts from Athens and ends in Athens the same day. Tickets for your train ride from Athens to Meteora and back are included.
Your train ride from Athens to Meteora departs at 7:20am from the Athens train station. The Athens train station is accessible by Athens metro. You will disembark from Athens and venture to Kalampaka, a town near Meteora. Upon arriving (at approx 11:31am) you will be greeted by your photographer and will start photographing the traditional village of Kastraki which lies on the footpath of the Meteora rocks.
The day will take you on an unprecedented tour around the UNESCO Heritage site of Meteora, photographing its multitude of unique visual highlights. In your private vehicle and with some light walking, you and your photographer guide will spend about 3 hours visiting some ancient monasteries which sit atop these rock formations, and exploring the beautiful landscape. You will also have 1 hour of free time during your visit, to wander around the city of Kalampaka or enjoy a nice meal (not included).
Learn how to photograph at different times of the day, and as you progress toward sunset you will be presented with a magical view only found in Meteora. The day ends with an evening (5:15pm) train ride back to Athens . You will arrive back to Athens around 9:25pm.
Athens to Meteora by train Photo tour details
This Athens to Meteora by train Photo Tour is scheduled up to 4 participants with a minimum of 1 participant.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and be the first to know about photo tour updates.
Experience – Difficulty
- From Beginner to Pro Photographers
- Led by a professional photographer
- Small-group tour
- Family friendly
- Round-trip train fares
- Easy pace walking tour. Some walking on uneven routes
- Small elevation changes along the way
This is an intermediate 14 hours photography tour from Athens to Meteora by train the same day.
Athens to Meteora by train Photo Tour is held every day through out the year. Check below the days itinerary:
Athens 07:00. Train departs at 07:20 from Athens Central Train station.
Kalambaka 11:31. Train arrives at Kalambaka Train station.
Our photographer will meet you at the station and your photography tour starts!
Explore Meteora rock formations and Kalambaka city in a four hours photo tour.
Kalambaka 17:00. Train departs at 17:15 from Kalambaka Train station.
Athens 21:25. Train arrives at Athens Central Train station.
You need to arrive in Central Athens train station at least 30 minutes before train departure.
Map of the train station. The train station is accessible by Metro, bus, taxi.
You will be escorted by a professional photographer, discussing composition, different angles, technical aspects and everyday usage of your camera.
- Entrance fees to monasteries
- Train ticket from and to Athens
- Professional photographer at Meteora
- Small-group private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (lunch, dinner, snacks)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and monasteries. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Food and drink is available on the train for you to purchase, but you are also allowed to bring your own food, drinks. Purchases in the train are cash only
- A small amount of walking is involved Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee*.
Cancelling between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee*.
Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
* Train tickets can not be cancelled or refunded.
Contact us for more information, or any of your questions